Monday 5 May 2008

Stanley's Surprise

My lovely dad Stanley will be a very young and sprightly 80 on 7 June bless his little quick-quick-stepping toes!

As part of his present, I've designed and produced his party invitations - although he doesnt know it yet of course cos its a SURPRISE PARTY

So here is step one - scanning in the photo I used

...step two was producing his very own, unique Kaleidescope design

...and step three was bringing it all together into an invitation...I've had to scan in a copy of the original as the programme I used to bring it all together wouldnt download to Blogger
The real life invitations are much nicer than this image portrays, theyre printed in best photo quality onto nice glossy paper and I really like the little motto in red which you might not quite be able to read clearly - it says
...may you always have old memories and young hopes...


So I'm about to get the old guillotine out and will be dropping them round for my step-mum tomorrow so she can get busy sending them all out

...until next time, note to Shaz - remember my camera on the night so I can post you some photos!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh bless, your dad looks like a lot of fun! I hope he has a fab birthday in June.

Sorry to hear about the sad loss of the dogs too. I've been through it several times and it's completely heartbreaking but I always say, better to have loved and enjoyed a pet than to never have experienced that unconditional love and happiness they give.
x

Tip Top said...

They are fab!