Sunday 6 April 2008

Bye for now Casey

Before I tell you who Casey is, I just thought I'd do a "catch up" of what I was up to last week and why I was AWOL from my beloved Blog more often than usual for me!

Monday was my first day at my new job and I've had a thoroughly enjoyable first week. Not only are all the people really warm and helpful but the whole environment is very rewarding. My department are speech therapists so they help those with communication challenges and we also have Service Users helping out in the office 3 days of the week and its so lovely to see them enjoying carrying out whatever tasks they can in the office and getting such fulfillment from it - well done and thank you Oliver, Suzanne and Johnny!

Tuesday evening saw a great turnout for our Valley at Work special event with our guest speaker (see my Enterprise Island post)

Wednesday I dived into helping out with the phones at work. One of our girls was away ill and it was the busiest phone day and actually quite fun for me just learning who on earth everyone was. That might make me sound like a bit of a saddo but, for someone who'd been at her old day job for 17 years and knew the world and his wife, it was quite refreshing to be the new girl learning everything from scratch! If the chance arises to learn something new, try to take it...

Thursday evening was absolutely brilliant! I was chuffed to be invited by http://www.startup-lancashire.com/index.html to a Kickstart Your Marketing seminar from http://www.mercurymarketing.co.uk/ and I cant praise it enough. Geoff is a wonderful public speaker bringing a wealth of marketing experience and tips in a fun and informative way. I even chatted with Geoff about my business and Blog during the interval and that speaks volumes for how approachable he is, I very rarely do that with public speakers! I hope you'll visit his site and try to catch him if he's ever in your area, I can highly recommend his events

and Friday evening I went to a great 2nd Birthday gathering for our local online community forum http://www.rossendaleonline.co.uk/index.php Lee organised a brilliant night in Rawtenstall with food laid on for us and we got the unique chance to put faces to forum names. We ate chilli and garlic bread together and some of us even exchanged tattoo viewings!

Sadly yesterday I heard that my brother and sister in law had said goodbye to their beloved dog Casey who passed away on Friday after going downhill for some time (but well enough for the vets to allow her to stay with them during her final weeks). So bye bye for now Casey and everyone will take care of your daughter Maddy until you run with her again in Doggy Heaven. This is for you sweetie...

...until next time, take time to say "I love you" to those you love, human or animal

1 comment:

Thea said...

Thanks Sharon,
Glad you enjoyed the marketing seminar. We're going to be doing a few more in the near future, including having Geoff back for a sequel so I'll keep you upto date.
Cheers, Matt.
www.startup-lancashire.com