Tuesday 19 February 2008

Grandparents Memory Box

















Well here it is, the first Focus Memory Box finished! I currently have the boxes available in this silver colour and a bronzey/gold finish. Theyre lovely, deep, substantial boxes with opening fronts and a nice clasp with the word MEMORY in big letters on the glass
On this sample, the old black & white photo (of my grandparents!) has been decoupaged to 5 layers and mounted onto bright pink card and embellished with a bright pink brad. The colour photo of them in their later years has been turned into a background effect and mounted onto silver mirror card to match the box. As a final embellishment, I mounted a small version of the colour photo onto stampboard which had first been inked in coordinating colours
I'm SO looking forward to making these for babies with their first little shoe or dummy or another keepsake inside, how sweet would THAT be?...
...and for weddings with the garter featured and any other mementos from the day
...until next time, remember its important to remember...oh, I've forgot what I was gonna say now!

No comments: